Affiliate disclosure: Automoblog and its companions could also be compensated once you buy the merchandise beneath.
Should you’re on the lookout for a brand new automotive insurance coverage coverage, you’ve probably thought-about Progressive. Whereas the corporate is thought for its catchy commercials, that doesn’t fully clarify what your Progressive automotive insurance coverage price may seem like should you choose up protection.
To reply this query, we’ve ready this Progressive insurance coverage evaluation to debate potential charges. We’ll additionally point out another corporations which are recognized for having among the best car insurance insurance policies in the marketplace.
Progressive Automotive Insurance coverage Prices
Progressive car insurance prices the usual motorist round $1,600 per 12 months for a full protection coverage, which is barely lower than the nationwide common. Excessive-risk drivers generally discover aggressive pricing from Progressive, so it’s a superb alternative for these with a dashing ticket, at-fault automotive accident or DUI on their driving document.
Understand that Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices range for every motorist. Beneath, we’ll define some components that result in Progressive providing completely different charges for every driver.
Components That Set Progressive Automotive Insurance coverage Prices
Many alternative components have an effect on how a lot you’ll pay for Progressive automotive insurance coverage. A few of these components are inside your management, whereas others aren’t. Right here’s a take a look at among the most important components that decide Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices:
- Driving record: These with a clear driving historical past can anticipate to pay much less for protection than somebody who’s been concerned in an accident or a site visitors violation.
- Car make and mannequin: Drivers with luxurious automobiles or autos with out security options normally pay greater than these with safety-equipped economic system automobiles.
- Age: Younger drivers usually have increased Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices than older motorists. Nevertheless, adults above the age of 65 are likely to see their charges return up.
- Gender: Statistics present that males usually tend to be concerned in accidents than ladies, and this results in increased common premiums.
- Credit score rating: When you have an excellent credit score rating, you’ll probably get charged much less for equal protection than somebody with poor credit score.
- Coverage bundling: Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices will likely be decrease should you bundle with insurance policies for house insurance coverage, renters protection or life insurance coverage.
- Chosen deductible: Those that set a low deductible will probably face increased charges for a Progressive auto insurance coverage protection plan.
- Location: Your home of residence drastically impacts Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices. Drivers in city areas sometimes pay greater than these within the countryside, and charges are sometimes increased for these in states with intensive protection necessities.
Notice that you simply’ll additionally pay a higher-than-average price should you select automotive insurance coverage protection choices that transfer past your state’s minimal legal responsibility normal.
What’s Required To Meet Minimal Protection?
Whereas bodily damage legal responsibility insurance coverage and property injury legal responsibility protection are required in practically each state, different insurance coverage merchandise are sometimes optionally available. You’ll need underinsured or uninsured motorist protection in sure states, and the identical is true of medical funds protection and private damage safety.
The next protection varieties are optionally available in each state:
- Accident forgiveness
- Collision protection
- Complete insurance coverage
- Hole insurance coverage
- Rental automotive reimbursement
- Rideshare protection
- Roadside help
Policyholders on the lookout for the bottom common price from Progressive ought to keep away from these add-ons. Understand that you’ll pay out of pocket for a lot extra bills when submitting an insurance coverage declare should you reject these coverages.
Which States Have Excessive Automotive Insurance coverage Prices?
Progressive categorizes every state into considered one of three teams: low-cost states, medium-cost states and high-cost states. Beneath, we’ll point out which group every state falls into:
- Excessive-cost states: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, West Virginia
- Medium-cost states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, Texas, Utah
- Low-cost states: California, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, South Dakota, Vermont, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Notice that your Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices may very well be excessive or low no matter your present state. Additionally keep in mind that these categorizations don’t essentially apply to different auto insurers.
Progressive Automotive Insurance coverage Reductions
Progressive provides quite a lot of reductions that can assist you save on automotive insurance coverage. Right here’s a take a look at among the reductions the corporate provides:
- Multi-policy: Lower your expenses you probably have a couple of Progressive coverage.
- Multi-car: If Progressive insures a couple of car, you can get decreased charges.
- Steady insurance coverage: Should you’ve been repeatedly insured for a sure time period, you might be eligible for this low cost.
- Snapshot?: This usage-based insurance coverage alternative tracks driving behaviors and rewards secure drivers with decrease Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices. Notice that charges may enhance you probably have poor driving habits.
- Teen driver: Get a decrease price per driver should you add a teenage motorist to your private auto insurance coverage coverage.
- Good scholar: It’s possible you’ll be eligible for this low cost should you’re a scholar with a minimum of a “B” grade level common.
- Distant scholar: Should you’re a school scholar who left your automotive greater than 100 miles away from house, you might be eligible for financial savings.
- Home-owner: Those that personal a home may see decrease Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices.
- On-line quote: Getting a quote on-line might result in cheaper auto insurance coverage premiums.
- Signal on-line: Should you signal your coverage paperwork on-line, you’ll save on protection.
- Paperless: Pay much less after signing up for paperless billing from Progressive.
- Pay in full: Should you cowl your automotive insurance coverage premium in full, you’ll be able to earn a reduction.
- Automated cost: Motorists who arrange automated funds sometimes get rewarded with decreased Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices.
Whereas Progressive particularly mentions these reductions on its web site, it’s value asking one of many firm’s insurance coverage brokers about different decisions.
Our Suggestions for Auto Insurance coverage
Whereas Progressive is value consideration should you’re trying to find an auto insurance coverage supplier, try different corporations earlier than committing. We’d suggest asking for multiple car insurance quotes from GEICO, State Farm and USAA as effectively.
GEICO: Greatest Reductions
GEICO has been offering high quality insurance coverage protection throughout the U.S. for greater than 80 years. The corporate’s big selection of choices and charges that always undercut the competitors lead us to supply it 9.1 out of 10.0 stars. Whereas Progressive automotive insurance coverage prices can rapidly be lowered by its many reductions, GEICO provides a substantial quantity as effectively.
State Farm: Greatest Total
Younger drivers usually have a tough time discovering reasonably priced automotive insurance coverage, however that’s not all the time the case with State Farm. The corporate earned 9.4 out of 10.0 stars in our intensive evaluation, primarily attributable to its aggressive pricing construction and enormous variety of native insurance coverage brokers.
USAA: Greatest Navy Supplier
USAA makes a speciality of offering distinctive protection to U.S. army households, and it obtained a 9.3- out of 10.0-star total rating. The supplier ranked first within the J.D. Energy 2021 U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Research?, indicating that almost all auto claims get fulfilled rapidly and effectively. Whereas USAA is well-known for providing low charges and very good service to those that qualify, it’s solely obtainable to these within the army, veterans and relations.
Continuously Requested Questions (FAQs)
How a lot does Progressive automotive insurance coverage price per thirty days?
The typical driver faces a median Progressive automotive insurance coverage price of round $130 per thirty days. Notice that this quantity varies extensively attributable to components resembling your age, credit score rating and site.
What components does Progressive contemplate when figuring out automotive insurance coverage charges?
Progressive makes use of quite a lot of components when figuring out your charges, with among the largest being your kind of auto, driving historical past, location and credit score rating.
How does Progressive evaluate to different automotive insurance coverage corporations?
Progressive is among the largest automotive insurance coverage corporations within the U.S. and holds an A+ rating for its monetary energy from AM Greatest. The corporate is barely inexpensive than the everyday automotive insurer for many drivers, although that’s not true for everybody.
The Detroit Bureau collects information from each main automotive insurance coverage supplier to formulate rankings of the very best insurers. Our in-depth ranking system takes into consideration market share, protection, auto insurance coverage price estimates generated by Quadrant Data Companies, buyer satisfaction and scores from trade specialists. Every insurer is given a weighted rating in 4 classes, in addition to an total rating out of 10.0.
We suggest auto insurance coverage corporations based mostly on these rankings, however we additionally encourage you to carry out your personal analysis and evaluate quotes to search out the very best protection.